Shine Bid is growing rapidly and is looking for a fantastic Bid Manager to join its winning team. Shine Bid requires their Bid Managers to take full ownership of building and submitting a bid. We work with key clients on strategy and delivery of their bids. If not already, you will become an expert process and program manager, able to effectively read, understand, evaluate and translate bid information and have overall responsibility for the delivery of a high quality accurate submission. Our bid managers thrive on working under pressure, have strong people management abilities and are strong communicators with particularly strong listening skills.
By being a supportive, confident team player yet resilient to client resistance, you will be able to strike a balance between being open to other’s suggestions whilst demonstrating confident, professional expertise. You will need to be persistent and relentless in your pursuit of perfection, but remain calm when under sometimes tremendous pressure. To achieve this, you must be able to:
- Project manage confidently and work to our defined processes
- Own a project and work independently
- Research swiftly and accurately, and understand complex information quickly
- Translate unstructured, badly articulated information into clear, concise and effective verbal and written communication
- Effectively assess problems, challenge thinking, define impacts and develop solutions
- Consult effectively; by understanding working and delivering within fee constraints
- Build and maintain productive relationship at Director level internally and externally
- Work in an environment that is bidding relentlessly – we work extremely hard
- Utilise advanced features of MS word and be proficient in MS Office.
It is essential that you have the following proven experience:
- Bid management at a senior level
- Development and implementation of bid winning strategies
- Negotiation with clients and third parties at all levels
- Work in a client-focused environment in a professional services or consultancy role
- Bid lead for one or more of the following:
- P21, IESE, Highways Agency, Network Rail, Commercial, National Academies Framework, BSF, MoD and MoJ
- Bid lead in one or more of the following sectors:
Commercial, Residential, Education, Health, Rail, Highways, Aviation, Financial Services, Business Process Outsourcing and Retail
- Delivered successful multi-million pound bids/proposals.