National Construction Business Seeks Bid Manager (Civils) – Manchester
- Reference: Bid Manager (Civils) - Manchester
- Salary: Starting £50k - Negotiable
- Discipline: Bid Manager (Civils)
- Location: Manchester, though other parts of the UK can be considered
- Employment: Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? Our client, based in Manchester is a well-established civils and construction company with 200 years under their belt. They are one of our most progressive clients, open to change, with award winning EDI and high staff retention rates. Their ambition to grow... more details
Are you looking for your next challenge? Our client, based in Manchester is a well-established civils and construction company with 200 years under their belt. They are one of our most progressive clients, open to change, with award winning EDI and high staff retention rates. Their ambition to grow from £500m to a £1billion by 2023 is matched by their strategy to achieve it.
Part of their strategy means that they need a strong civils Bid Manager to take a lead role in their civils bid team.
This is a senior role, leading major civils bids. This includes managing the input of the design team, in-house personnel and supply chain. Your role is to bring your knowledge, skill and bid management expertise to winning bids. You will drive productively and deliver high-quality, strong commercial submissions to their clients.
You will need a high level of knowledge in relation to construction practices and design principles, while also being able to present high quality bid documents.
One of the key skills of the Bid Manager will be the effective management of all those who input into the tender, and therefore you must be a highly-organised individual who can programme the work of others. You must also be able to work under the pressure of tender deadlines.
- Be responsible for ensuring bids are submitted on time and to a high standard.
- Report as required on the progress of each bid against agreed programme.
- Review technical solutions to ensure most cost efficient solutions are submitted.
- Implement bid strategies to co-ordinate the preparation and submission of the bid and achieve agreed bid objectives.
- Liaise with design teams, other staff, and supply chain to ensure high quality bids are submitted.
- Present internally for approval, information incl technical responses, staffing and administration structures for bid preparation.
- Effectively maintain relevant databases and ensure information is up to date.
- Follow core business systems and policies throughout your area of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate, prepare and continually review bid submissions.
- Prepare meeting schedules and coordination of the design and construct teams.
- Prepare bid presentations.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be flexible as some travelling will be required from time to time.
If you think you’re perfect for this role, click the apply button to send us an email with your CV and cover letter to tell us why!
Shine Bid Recruitment